I wrote earlier about using SVN and LaTeX for document management. While this has continued to work well for me, I did discover an issue with some document files generated by mac apps. It has become common to save documents as “bundles,” which from the filesystem perspective are directories but look like documents in Finder. Unfortunately, these bundles delete or overwrite any .svn folders they contain, so if you put an iWork document, or in my case a DataGraph plot, under revision control in SVN, you will get an error after you save it the next time:
svn: Working copy ____ is missing or not locked.”
I found a handy Ruby script that has a built-in list of extensions to look for (iWork files among others). I simply add dgraph to the list of extensions and it automatically downloads and replaces the missing .svn folders.